By the end of October all patients in the usual at risk groups will have received an invite to a flu clinic. Online booking is available, please ensure you book in to the correct age group clinic. If you are due to be seen for a health review you can have the vaccine at the same appointment.
Further guidance on healthy 50-64 year old patients will follow later, it is expected to be at least the end of November before this group of patients can be offered vaccination and this may not be at the practice.
Our clinics have been planned to ensure they are covid-19 secure and appropriate PPE will be worn by staff. The guidance on PPE changes regularly, please be reassured we will be following the most recent guidance.
Please follow these instructions when you attend for your appointment:
- Attend on your own unless you need help in mobilising.
- We would ask that only one person accompanies under 18s and where possible please do not bring prams in to the practice.
- Do not arrive early or late for your appointment time: we have allocated a strict number of patients per time period to ensure that people are queueing for the minimum of time and social distancing is maintained.
- Please wear a face covering unless you are in an exempt group. Some patients in an exempt group may find they can wear a face shield and we would recommend you consider this.
- Please follow the instructions for queuing. The queue will be controlled to ensure social distancing. If you are in a wheelchair or have very limited mobility, please make yourself know to the queue marshal who will be wearing a luminous jacket. It may be easier for wheelchair users to attend a mid-week clinic as there will be less clinics running at the same time.
- If it is raining on the day, please come prepared with an umbrella as the queue may be outside for a short period of time.
- There will be no chairs available to sit while waiting, and you will not be able to sit whilst having the vaccination (for infection control). If you think you will struggle with this, please speak to the queue marshal on arrival.
- Wear clothing which makes it easy to expose your upper arm.
- Please follow the one way system on leaving the building.
- Do not attend if you or any members of your household have symptoms of coronavirus, or if you have been told to isolate. Contact us the following week and we will rebook you when you are able to leave isolation.
- Please heed the instructions of the staff who are supervising the patient flow – they are there for your safety.